How can we improve Broadband.gov?

To much emphasis is put on speed.

Why is it that so much is put on faster speed faster speed. And money is being given to satellite companies. Throwing money at the problem. They are not providing a solution to this problem. So what i can get 10mpbs now , while paying 3x the price of broadband. All you are doing is promoting companies that are preying on those with no other choice. Your encouraging these marketing practices. The government is suppose to be looking out for our best interest not what can make a company the most money.

So here's the problem. I get 10Mbps (compensate for misleading that's equal to roughtly 2.375 MBps). Great I got "highspeed" internet.... Wait, you mean i only get 10,240 MB a month?

So i get 4,311(10,240/2.375) seconds of internet at the advertised speeds. That turns out to be 71 minutes A MONTH of internet access. For the low price of 1$ a minute....

Basically, do we really need 10mbps if were going to have such low caps. More effort Needs to be spent educating the consumers about what it is the FCC is really doing for us. They are in bed with the devil. When they need to be asking major internet services, such as you-tube ,amazon,Google, Facebook. For help funding the infrastructure we need. It's in their best interest to have more people accessing their site the more profits they make.

And more restrictions need to be placed on what content can be hidden in websites. Let me tell you from someone who has been stuck on dialup for a long time a lot of pages are just complete bandwith whores with all the background data they are collecting before the page even loads. And i have to be the one paying for it... A lot of times you dont even know they are taking up your bandwith you think your just filling out a forum when in the background they are loading god knows what. Programs you download are the same way.

Long post short, you can improve broadband.gov by stop making it all about speed. Speed is not going to give us what we need unless we can fully utilize that speed. All your doing is helping these companies not only drain our bank accounts but youre paying them to do it!!!!! And your letting sattelite companies use this rural internet plan as a marketing tool they make a huge deal about it telling people how great the program is, just to have you call and find out ... oh that's not for you BUT we have this really great plan for you just sign a 2 year contract and let us talk so fast you'll have no time to do research

...educate people......... help them more that way

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service