How can we improve Broadband.gov?

Chapter 6 Infrastructure Recommendation 6.2.

This is the best idea I have heard of. This would incourage the private sector to build out more broadband, without cutting jobs. Dig once would cut out jobs. This pole attachment and make ready process is very costly. In towns where there is only one service provider for broadband this pole attatchment problem is huge. I think that regulations like this that promote competition without cutting jobs is the best way to help facilitate growth in the broadband market. I also agree with streamlining the permit process for federal controlled property. I do not agree with dig once because it cuts out to much labor and we need as many americans working as possible. Even though it might steamline fiber along highways i would much rather see the ditch dug many times over by diffrent service providers to keep more americans working. The last mile is our broadband problem and cutting redtape and making it more attractive for ISP's to expand and enter the market is the best way to expand broadband.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ronnie Kelley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...