How can we improve FCC.gov?

SERIOUSLY WRONG APPROACH

I find your new home page egregiously offensive, both emotionally and intellectually.

Why does the FCC feel compelled to compete with grossly over-hyped and over-dramatized TV news? Is this really the best approach to getting more citizens to educate themselves? Did anyone try plain and simple language before embarking on a Madison Avenue/Hollywood approach?

Did the FCC try providing straightforward answers to questions the voting public doesn't ask anymore because they never get answers to the questions they ask from government or private enterprise?

Your Bill Shock initiative is certainly appreciated and for the moment I am still reasonably certain you have every one's best interest in mind. However I find the dramatics positively revolting and from my perspective if this continues, my government can't be trusted any more than any publicly traded company trying to make themselves look good no matter what's going on behind the curtain.

Or has the FCC recently been bought out by Haliburton or maybe Raytheon?

Please excuse the religious epithet but "My God, what on Earth are you doing?"

Who is the intended audience here? Me? I suppose? A 52-year-old white male with aging parents? Nail on the head? I'm supposed to worry about who's going to watch after my poor ignorant and/or incompetent parents and respond as I should to any fear mongering advertisement that compels me to trust the FCC to protect my parents from harm?

This is SERIOUSLY WRONG.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Keith Alan Fisher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...