What questions do you have about how to manage your child's online education experience?

Parental preview of online material

Schools must be mandated to allow parents to preview online material that supplement or replace students' pre approved, textbooks? Texbooks are being set aside and parents have no idea what online material is replacing text books, is supplementing textbooks, or is assigned as homework.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    teenparent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Digital Tourist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't much seem like a question for the FCC; more like a question for the Department of Education...or better the kind of softball one might lob up to a Michele Bachmann or Rick Perry. How do I ensure that the schools will never challenge my children with any ideas that are outside my view of the world...like evolution or climate change...

• Michelle Luhtala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Districts pay educators to make those decisions. If it was not a practice to include parents in hard-copy decision making, it should not be an expectation with digital content. Once content decisions are made, the content should be accessible to parents as a means to support learners, not evaluate materials.

CLOSED: Parents

Feedback and Knowledge Base