How can we make FCC documents more reader-friendly?

Info needs to be easier to find; different sections for the different departments, categorized topics, etc.

It would be nice to have your different department easier to find - right now they are listed under very broad generalized heading like "media". Maybe a different heading for departments (bureaus, offices) that make sense to the average layman. Radio, television, wire, satellite, cable, internet, etc. Then have drop down menus with subheadings. I.e. Radio could drop down to have options such as; consumer complaints, actions taken, AM, FM, FAQ's, rules/laws - that can include documents as to what can or can't be done in radio (what word can't be used, do main offices or offices with waivers have to be manned at all times during office hours, when can emergency signals be used, updates, etc.). Right now it is like going through a maze to get any information relevant to what one is looking for. It is probably the least user friendly website of all the government sites. If I want to see the rules for any of the aforementioned topics and am interested in what role the FCC play in TV, etc., I will have to spend hours rifling through everything to try to find something that may or may not end up being relevant to what I need.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)