How can we make FCC documents more reader-friendly?

Why are all of your forms horrendously difficult and tedious?

All of the forms on this site seemingly discourage actual complaints. The rest of this site seems to do the same, making thing exceedingly difficult and making the poster feel as if no actual action can be taken. I understand that some of it is pure bureaucracy, that's bound to happen; but the point remains that you (as an organization) are trying to stymie the American people's voice in this regard. I'm ashamed of my government and my nation more than ever because of things like this. Make a real effort, but don't dress up this site like it isn't some painted ***** for you to point out as an action you took to get voices heard.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reformat the searches to plain language; use Google-like algorithms if you have to. I was drawn to this site by the Open Internet discussions in the news, but my issue was narrower and I tried to post a comment on a similar thread but could neither find one nor open a new issue.

I am a pediatrician remotely utilizing an EMR at both the local hospital and my office. My wife is an infection control nurse, also employed remotely, utilizing the internet from home. Even though faster broadband than DSL is available all around our five house neighborhood, neither Charter nor AT&T see a large enough return on investment to bring faster speeds to our homes because we each live on 5 or more acres. The FCC recognizes that 10mbps (three times faster than DSL) is necessary for remote healthcare communications. Without FCC requirements, broadband providers will always "cherry pick" for placement of their product, leaving even folks who are capable and willing to pay higher rates for faster speeds without access to necessary bandwidth.

Feedback and Knowledge Base