How can we make FCC documents more reader-friendly?

Correct Lifeline Household Worksheet!

The Lifeline program has a "Lifeline Household Worksheet" which contains logical inconsistencies. Applicants are asked "Do you share living expenses with at least one of the adults listed above [living at the same address]". A "yes" response triggers "then your address includes only one household. You may not get Lifeline because someone in your household already gets Lifeline." Clearly, the fact of sharing expenses has absolutely nothing to do with whether the other person ("someone") does, or does not, "already get Lifeline". Secondly, under "certifications" the person is told to initial the certifications below, which is A and B. The form implies the person should initial both, rather than just the ones that apply to them. "A" which says "I certify that I live at an address occupied by multiple households" may or may not apply. Maybe the applicant is living alone! Indeed, the person's living arrangement should already be clear from the forms previous questions. And "B" is simply a certification that the person understands FCC rules, something that would apply to every applicant. The form needs to be corrected and revised!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)