How can we make FCC documents more reader-friendly?

DON'T DELETE IN-PROGRESS APPLICATIONS!!!

We have been working with a municipality and a contractor to prepare an FCC license application. We have had delays because of bidding schedules and were waiting for specific antenna and transmitter information from the contractor so that we could complete our application. The web site warns that FCC will delete the unfinished work after 30 days (ridiculous) and so we tried to make sure we entered the site every couple of weeks to extend our 30-day period. Well, we apparently missed a day, and the FCC deleted our work. We will have to start over again with the entry process (and the web site would not allow us to print the draft information prior to submittal). The web site and application are the worst I've seen - cumbersome and archaic - and the 30-day automatic deletion is absolutely ridiculous! At least give us an email heads-up! We filed a support request and received a "tracking number". So far, no reply, and when we try to track the request... "The tracking number you entered is not a valid number." Well guys, it's the number you assigned and the one I printed from your awful web site.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aniello Clemente shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...