Plain Language

We are committed to following federal plain-writing guidelines for FCC documents, using clear and concise language appropriate to the subject matter and intended audiences. Share your thoughts, suggestions and examples below.

How can we make FCC documents more reader-friendly?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Printed Amateur Radio License

I would gladly pay $15 to $20 for a copy of my license. I do understand the reason and the logic behind your decision. After all you are funded by the taxpayers and yes I'm a taxpayer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Why isnt your complaint form working for consumers that DO NOT have one of the required items like a phone for contact

Why doenst your online complaint form allow for consumers to that do not have the required information (like a working phone number!) to file complaints about the lack of obtaining working phone service?

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Consider what people are searching for

and set up the website/documents accordingly.

It is very hard to navigate the website and the associated Bureaus. Rather than using the document numbers or filing references, describe what it is about. I am currently reading a Public Notice that is full of jargon, footnotes and lots of detail that seems unnecessary to explain what should be a simple process. It took me some random stabs in the dark and a few leaps of logic to even find the document in the first place. The associated web page is horrible to look at with a very strange layout.

Suggestions
          1.…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • friendly document is a right

Stop talking about our rights and privacy because there is none. Take a look who keeps stuff private while we have no privacy! I have the right to see a document that was written. I am homeless, jobless, carless. And for 2 months i have been trying to get help and I'm turned down from state and government. So I will be writing friendly documents to all. PS. Politicians sure like to start fights! But they don't fight! Just saying. Haveva great day.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Info needs to be easier to find; different sections for the different departments, categorized topics, etc.

It would be nice to have your different department easier to find - right now they are listed under very broad generalized heading like "media". Maybe a different heading for departments (bureaus, offices) that make sense to the average layman. Radio, television, wire, satellite, cable, internet, etc. Then have drop down menus with subheadings. I.e. Radio could drop down to have options such as; consumer complaints, actions taken, AM, FM, FAQ's, rules/laws - that can include documents as to what can or can't be done in radio (what word can't be used, do main offices or offices with waivers have…

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • I would like to use the 433 MHz band to control and receive data from an unmanned autonomous vehicle ...

.. in an enclosed space for commercial purposes. It is not AT ALL CLEAR what additional hurdles or fees I must surmount in order to do so. Please make this clear!

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri

pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

pcmc call girls-9860183974pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri

5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

pcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpripcmc call girls-9860183974--9168710008 call girls pimpri

5 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Seperate personal statements, history of events, & research, apart from official legal documentation stating terms and / or laws.

Separate things such as personal statements, past events, research findings, and anything relating to non-factual content in their own respective documents, apart from an official legal document which only states legal clauses, terms, scope, and penalties.

A legal document should be easy to locate for future reference when needed so everyone is aware of the laws and penalties for breaking them.

Supporting documents and personal statements should come after the legal documentation and should not be clumped together which makes everything harder to read.

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Regulating The Internet...

After some very intense reading and and rather odd looks as to what nature were these two harsh sounding words being referred to? I'm still very lost words and I'm sure others would be as well.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • CORES...

I'm not too keen on CORES, as it seems to be more of a way that causes segregation... I believe we're aiming for a leap forward and not a bigger one back.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • What Is Going On????

Okay... I was pretty sure this was a prank and not real in any way. I'm not sure what to make of this as I've kind of had some crazy months but I'm so confused

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • net neutrality

Please do not allow internet neutrality to become a reality. Internet access functions quite well without government interference. The American public deserves to have internet remain as it currently exists. Thank you.

15 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • You could actually have a website that's user-friendly

I am trying to find information on why you believe it makes any sense at all to categorize the internet as a public utility. I have written to my congressman, who sent me here. I can find no information, and can't comment without knowing the proceeding number? Do you expect us to know that? Looks like you'd rather not know what people think, since it's impossible to find what you're proposing to do, nor to comment on it.

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • links should take you exactly where I need to go--not generalized FCC area

If a phone number has been spoofed, I want to see how progress is being made without going to seven other areas first.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4

Plain Language

Feedback and Knowledge Base