How can mobile and desktop applications make our cities and communities more livable?

An app allowing public transit users in Oakland give feedback on their good + bad experiences.

The app would allow the user to check in at a bus stop (like 4sqr) would let the user remark on the punctuality of the bus, as well as other objective benchmarks like - how crowded it is (or not), if they are able to get a seat, if they were able to bring their bike, if the driver was kind or sour (or driving safely) -- and share that information with other opted in bus riders and users.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Krys Freeman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bunnie300 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Third would be great for all communities. I live in a small city in berkshire county, ma and if you ever need the bus its ridiculous. they come once an hour, and if they are early you are out of luck!

• ceressa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm all for this initiative. i was recently without a car for a year and relied on public transportation and i def wanted to voice my opinion about some krazy marketing tactic McDonalds was doing in conjunction with public transit, they eventually took down the adds on the bus however i strongly disagree w/how the adds were placed b/c the adds made the bus passengers into active supporters and advertisers of McDonalds- yah, i could explain more about this. sounds crazy i know, but it did happen for a while...
        anywho, let me know how i can support. Public transit passengers should be afforded more voice and impact in how public transit can better serve those whom use their services.

Feedback and Knowledge Base