How can the FCC better engage the public on rulemakings?

When the

When the FCC mandates that existing media companies pay fees for a new program and that they do not have to pass those fees onto their customers, does the FCC really think the companies are going to eat those fees and not pass them on to the customers? Show just ONE (1) example of such a case. Therefore, the FCC, in the case of the Lifeline program should have sent the program out to the public for comment since all the media companies have in fact passed those cost onto their customers and we are in fact paying for this program -which has gone from $800 million at it's inception to $2.2 Billion now - AND is a total boondoggle. I for one would like to opt out or at least like to have the option of adding a needy neighbor to MY plan, at my discretion. Please keep Big Brother out of my wallet!

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RA Camp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • T Harkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a waste of $. Another of hundreds of govt programs riddled with abuse and fraud. To top it all off, these subsidies are going into the pocket of Carlos Slim, a Mexican national and the richest man in the world! Does anyone at the FCC even check the subscriber list against welfare program lists to verify eligibility?

Feedback and Knowledge Base