How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

Stop Telemarketers from spamming us with their calls daily/hourly

These Telemarketer's Calls coming in are like email spam and we get up to a dozen a day. 90% of the numbers on our caller-id are from telemarketers spamming us with their calls. One Place that calls 3 times a day is the CARD HOLDER's Services and the others are from HOME IMPROVEMENT contractors wanting to fix up your home. I do believe contractors are not supposed to calling and bugging us on a daily/hourly basis.

When the DO-NOT-CALL-LIST came about, I would call the number and report these people for months, and up to a year, but after seeing the calls became increasing, I realize the FCC just made it up to make people think it will stop them from calling but it doesn't . I think the PEOPLE of the USA should file a class action suit against the government for negligence in not stopping these Telemarketers from spamming us with calls on a daily, even an hourly basis.

The FCC should force the Telephone companies to have a number to call and put these people on it to auto-block, just like we can click Spam in email. Or have a start-button feature to press after they call to report and trace their numbers to block and report them, just like you can in some states when people harass you and you report them. When we tell them not to call again, then any call following is form of harassment and disregard to the person receiving the call. Just now, I had to stop writing this message only to pick up the phone again for a telemarketer. Some of these people when you tell not to call, they call back and keep hanging up. If you go to the police, they will process this, but you have to file a report and show a log, at least for a week of all the numbers you got and their times, then the police will put a tap on the phone thru your carrier is what I understand and trace the calls. Why should we have to go thru this process. WE NEED A STAR -number to press to file a complaint and when the phone companies log gets filled up with abundance of people doing this to a single number, then the phone company should have the right to cut off their service and report them to the police to have them pay a fine and/or arrest them for violating the law.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ConsumerAdvocate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Stifler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good idea, but from what I learned at some reports filed at consumer sites like http://whycall.me, they often use spoofing technique to make the number appears as in your caller ID, but actually, it's not their real number. That's the real problem, that's why I think police also hard to track them down, because they originate those calls from out of states, or even out of country. However, all methods should be done to stop them from reaching us. Hopefully police will be able to do that.

Data

Feedback and Knowledge Base