How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

Firmware on cell phone to prevent texting or talking on phone while in motion.

We see it on the news, on the road, texting or talking on the phone contributing to injury or DEATH because the user was distracted while driving. I see people walking and texting not aware of their surroundings, walking across parking lots unaware of vehicles moving. My suggestion, embed in the software the feature that detects movement and put the phone into sleep mode, give the user a 30 second window to complete business and turn off the phone. after two warnings the phone goes to sleep. It is very scary to see people driving and trying to text or converse and coming to close to causing an accident. It wouldn't be hard, most cellphones have the maps feature that lets you know where you are and the direction you are heading. Just food for thought.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Colligan Jr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. Some are capable of walking and conversing simultaneously. We do not need more nanny laws like this one to protect the feebleminded few among us.

Data

Feedback and Knowledge Base