How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

Make telephone providers responsible for scammer calls

Do not call registry DOES NOT WORK! Require telephone providers to give the consumers the opportunity to keep a list of numbers they do not want put through. When a call is placed and it is on the list, it is automatically disconnected. The scammers are the only ones protected at this time. Upon calling my provider about this problem I am told time and again that there is nothing that can be done. I did sign up for the program with my provider where one must first dial a 1 to get through ... Another joke, my mother was the only one who could not get through.

Stop protecting the scammers and start protecting the consumer (isn't that what you are supposed to be doing?).

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Debrah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Deb-WI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also note that we (recipients of spammer calls) should be able to look up the numbers and identify the caller "free of charge". The Intelius Company and others like them are preying on the consumer who would like to identify the unwanted callers.... Perhaps they are all related?? (spammers, Intelius, etc...)

Data

Feedback and Knowledge Base