How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

CCC = CONSUMER COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

Jeez Julius - how did you allow your agency to become such a complete disaster serving the needs of the CONSUMER - ie the taxpayer that entrusted you to regulate the Carriers, Cable, and Communications Industr. Maybe you should go back into the IBanking business with Mitt - you two might make an interesting pair in private equity because both of your careers are over in Public Service.

ATT - you probably have heard about that company. Let's talk about their wireless network - how can you support a network that drops calls - and makes claims that just are not true in terms of QOS - perhaps they can figure out how to measure cable connections at the tower - or maybe the should of just focused on wifi....

I dare you to operate an ATT U-Verse remote control - you should ban that device on general principal that the design and UI is like a micro-coding 6502 processors.

How about that stellar cable service called U-Verse - how can you allow the carriers and cable company configure MY viewing experience and in doing so force me to pay for about 100 channels I could care less about much less be able to understand ?

Even after paying hundreds of dollars per month for services wireless, cable, digital phone, etc - that works 'some of the time'. If the PCC were the PUC monitoring water services - I would of dehydrated by now - its great to know that some Ibanker 'psycho' at LightSquared is hood-winking your agency - and I can only wait for the moment that Science proves true and something happens that will be horrible - HOW MANY OPINIONS DO YOU WANT - LightSquared didn't to the math, science and you are allowing them to act like the tobacco companies of the 60's. Stop this nonsense or when you come back into the private sector I have some mesh networks you might want to invest along with video rental stores, newspapers.

I have a suggestion - while you enjoy being wined and dined by BigCo's on specturm the CONSUMERS need an advocate to set policy and standards for service.

The elections proved you and your agency are impotent to enforce DND and bots - much less do anything about it.

Get out there like Ray LaHood does about driver safety and the use of devices that your agency can't seem to set policy around for use in cars.

FCC should manage spectrum - which is a big boys game - hire some scientists that can show you how telecommunications work and better yet SHOULD WORK.

I knew you when you were effective - frankly I expected more - and so should the consumer public.

Let's start talking about a consumer communications commission to deal with the ATT, Verizon, Sprint, TMO, CenturyTel, et al to demand better service, quality, control and here's a concept - services that have a QOS level that if not met - they don't get paid.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)