Data

At the FCC, we are committed to unlocking our agencies data and putting open, machine readable data into the hands of citizen developers and the community. Let us know how we can improve FCC.gov/Data

1. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore public access to Media Bureau CDBS. What you've done is seriously wrong and backward.

Cutting off public access to searching the CDBS data is just ******. I cannot understand why you have done this.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Publish your complaint handling procedures

I can't find them, neither can the representatives that I called. Any complaint interactions should be available to all parties online. A transcript of any resolved or unresolved complaints that are past their last action date should be available to anyone so that you can see if and how your complaint might be similar to someone else's and how it was resolved or not. I have been requesting written definitions of the terms used on my cable bill, no answer from the cable company, and, surprisingly, no feedback to me from the FCC despite truth in billing. I have asked…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The government is clearly violating my 4th Amendment rights

It could be more useful if the FCC was not collecting data on citizens at all. The government is clearly violating my 4th Amendment rights

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Actually have rules that protect Consumers

I have been SLAMMED. I lost my service for landline. iI cant file a complaint because i dont know who the company is. The FCC is protecting the unauthorized carrier. Cant find out who thit is even though my authorized carrier knows, why because the FCC is protecting the criminal not the consumer. So my is to HELP people like me.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make telephone providers responsible for scammer calls

Do not call registry DOES NOT WORK! Require telephone providers to give the consumers the opportunity to keep a list of numbers they do not want put through. When a call is placed and it is on the list, it is automatically disconnected. The scammers are the only ones protected at this time. Upon calling my provider about this problem I am told time and again that there is nothing that can be done. I did sign up for the program with my provider where one must first dial a 1 to get through ... Another joke, my mother was…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. forced data plans

Cell phone companies should not be able to force data plans that will not be used on costumers as options on new phones are becoming so limited.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Quit supporting monopolies.

Quit supporting monopolies

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. choose to define broadband internet as a PUBLIC UTILITY.

Choose to define broadband and wireless internet access as a PUBLIC UTILITY.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. FCC should provide decisions of past complaints on-line.

This can be helpful for concerned individuals who want to do research to amend existing laws or to help pass new laws regarding protecting the public: Particularly, "subliminal messages" that politicians or corporations might use in their campaigns.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop Credit Card Services robo calling operation from breaking the law!

An organization called Credit Card Services calls numerous times a week. I occasionally answer expecting a business call and hear the robot tell me it's time to consolitate my debt and get lower a interest rate. I always hang up. Several times a while ago, I attempt to get to a live person by faking that I needed their services. However, any small slip in providing info that's within their potential client profiling results in a hangup or cuss words, then a hangup. Once, I got through to someone who would listen and requested they don't call me ever again.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable more broadband options

Consumers are increasingly dependent on fewer broadband provider options. DSL and satellite are slow given existing and future needs. Mobile data plans are slow and expensive. And cable providers (coaxial and FIOS in the few locations where it is available) is very expensive and the providers increasingly force us to purchase things we don't.....we need more competition, better pricing and broader and faster access....only the FCC can enable this. Please act

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How can the FCC regulate public radio to KEEP it public radio?

KUOW has signed a letter of intent to purchase KPLU, an award winning, unique, global entity with a weekly listener audience of 400,000. We, the listeners, were STUNNED to learn of this acquisition AFTER the fact. How many FCC regs does this compromise or blatantly ignore, and how can we address this to the FCC ? What can we do now? I appeal to the masses, here. It is public radio. Details of this transaction can be found on the KPLU website, including a potent letter drafted by the CAC. www.KPLU.org.
    Thank you for any input!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Require minimum data caps be 200 GB for all internet service providers

Require minimum data caps be 200 GB for all internet service providers

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enforce the Do Not Call Lists and do something with the violators!

The FCC does nothing with the numerous complaints and violations reported of the Do Not Call List! Get rid of the FCC employees and hire someone who WILL do the work!

Force the telephone service providers to allow phone number blocking free of charge to the subscribers for unlimited phone numbers !

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/03/john-oliver-fcc-website-net-neutrality

'cable company fu@%$ry'.
    To maintain net neutrality, internet should be classified and regulated like a utility.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I truly believe that telemarketers are getting our numbers from The Do Not Call List!

I receive numerous calls from all sorts of charities, and I wish for those calls to be stopped. If I wish to give to a charity, I made a donation, but these calls are turning me against the charities that are calling so often.
    Emails from various charities would be much better than the on-going constant calls. I also wonder if some of those calls are from scammers. Please help with this issue and the problems caused by so many different charity solicitations.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simple Electronic-mail Identification Code/Number by 2019?

Similar notion to a zip-code, area code/phone numbers or license-plate numbers, the FCC can start issuing different kind of identification code system, that is simple and unscattered like it is currently ongoing. Something that is identifiable and still can be kept private; if they wish so. Perhaps some multi-digital numbers, and capital alphas in a form of a minimum of nine-numerals to a maximum of thirty-digit format Example: [YAHOO e-mail address+:#YA-A0001-00000-00000-00000-00001 to #YA-Z9999-99999-99999-99999-99999] then Email address+ [YA#-AA000-00000-00000-00000-00001 to YA#-ZZ999-99999-99999-99999-99999] and etc........and the FCC can decide however what codes will be assigned to everybody that uses the computer and the internet…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Data

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base