CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

This forum is now closed. There will be future opportunities to comment on the FCC.gov website.*

We will be rolling out updates to the new FCC.gov on a regular basis. Share your thoughts and ideas on what to add to the next release, or ways we can improve the user experience or functionality on FCC.gov.

1. To many commericals on TV

Less commericals PLEASE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enlarge the font size of links on the bottom half of the screen

The tiny size of the fonts makes it seem like this information isn't important.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The new site is much ****** to use

The concept looks nice, but the drop down menus need to tree out more because, unless you're lucky enough to be interested in a hot topic, there is insufficient information displayed on each page to easily locate one's desired path. This website was not well considered or designed. It looks like an attempt is being made to prevent people from easily finding information instead of the reverse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search | Take Action | Discuss is right focus.

A thousand other ways things "could" be done right. This is one of them. Nice work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add spam through text messaging complaint

Add spam through text messaging complaint category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Looks Good Needs More Dynamic live applications

Off to a great start. Site needs more automation and live real-time apps.
    Cut more red tape with online license applications, approved with a click of the mouse! No more download, pdf, word docx's and mail in forms. All real time, more user friendly where the common joe can understand and personal is the right direction.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On "A New FCC.gov - Feedback" main page, date idea was submitted should appear on initial page (not just on comments page)

On "A New FCC.gov - Feedback" main page, date idea was submitted should appear on initial page (not just on comments page)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RSS feed on this page is the only one to load into Outlook.

All the RSS feeds I tried that were available on the the "new" FCC website failed to load into Microsoft Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove transitional doctype and move to html5. Build for the future, not the past.

The doctype for the site is "transitional". Change this to match today's standard for the new web site. Set the doctype to <!DOCTYPE html>, then design and fix issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Calm Act

Ad 'Calm Act' comments to your tools and data for consumer to talk about how the 'Calm Act' is not being enforced!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. RE: Spectrum Dashbaord

Too many scripts and cookies. Unless I open my computer up to the NSA or anyone else for that matter, I cannot use your site. why do you feel the need to spy on me? Why do you need my email? WTF?I simply want to find what broadcast television spectrum is used in my area, and I can't because some private web contractor has their head up their ***. I paid for this useless **** with my tax dollars. In my opinion, either the FCC is totally incompetent, or it is by design. I believe that your obfuscation is deliberate.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Looks very gov 2.0

presentation layer is important, but what happens when my corn plants shift 10 inches to the left?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Navigation bar should go horizontal

The vertical drop down menus occupy too much screen space, making them horizontal not only saves screen real-estate but keeps the overall new design more clean.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix Z-index on YouTube videos. Right now if you scroll down on a video page it overlaps the toolbar.

Go to a page with a YouTube video like http://beta.fcc.gov/blog/broadband-jobs-and-innovation . If you scroll down the video will overlap the toolbar/header at least on Google Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need to access older fccid files for computer electronic parts manufacturers

You don't have an archive of older fccid filings prior to the change in2013 in the ID numbering system. I work on older computers and now your site is useless for finding the company that manufactured the computer components....We need to be able to find things that were made before the system was changed..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tow day is a, nice day tree ove life

Prolifurated braine, Hi Shania Twai

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ookla test inaccurate

The Ookla test significantly underestimates the capacity of high speed circuits.
    The MLAB test provides results that are consistent with test results obtained from reliable independent high-speed test sites. The Ookla test runs for only a very brief period of time, and reports results that are a factor of 20 to 30 too low. (I have a high speed line.)
    If clients only run the Ookla test, the data collected from those consumers is probably upper-bounded, and will not accurately record the capability of any high-speed circuits that consumers may have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base