CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

This forum is now closed. There will be future opportunities to comment on the FCC.gov website.*

We will be rolling out updates to the new FCC.gov on a regular basis. Share your thoughts and ideas on what to add to the next release, or ways we can improve the user experience or functionality on FCC.gov.

1. Well you could make it so that the FRN Login actually worked.

Well you could make it so that the FRN Login actually worked.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exploring spectrum back button broken

When I visit the Spectrum Dashboard on Google Chrome and then select Browse Spectrum Bands my websites back button stops working properly.

In particular, if, from that page, I select "Radio" and then press "Search", and the try to use my back button, it immediately redirects me to the search results page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Consider the [Crowd] Source

I see where this beta site is trying to go, but I think it goes too far. I applaud the attempt, but graphics should be used judiciously to prevent "information overload" by breaking up text with aesthetically pleasing art. In this case, the graphics dominate the front page, leaving very little visual space to convey meaningful content. Because this is a government website upon which people rely to obtain information, we can strike a better balance. The graphics can be smaller and achieve the same effects. The "feature" videos can be placed in a "meet the FCC" space, as Function…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Freedom of Media and Press

Dear United States Citizen
    Please write about Freedom of Media and Press . We are having very difficult time to get coverage for our political activities .

Last three years The People party of Connecticut has been calling Fox News CT, WFSB , CH 3, Hartford Courent newspaper , CBS, ABC, NBC CT, WTNH, Ch 8 and local Bristol Press to cover Membership Drive events or other political activities no one ever come for coverage. The people party is having membership drive at 37 Center Street Bristol Connecticut. The People Party need help for media coverage.

The People Party Platform

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop Credit Card Services calls

One of the most enduring illegal operations is the Credit Card Services Company. There seems to be no interest by the Government in stopping these people from calling my business up to 5 times each day, every day! You ask what the FCC can do for citizens and corporations; I would say, "Just enforce your laws"! To date, you are another worthless government agency who must also be in on the pay-to-play business of our Congress!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it usable by the people not lawyers and technicians.

It does not appear that your average American could make heads or tails of this website.
    As a taxpayer I want to know what this agency is doing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. stop listening to the cry babies about language in songs

stop changing song lyrics due to some lyrics; example toes in the water and in the sand, leave it alone

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make feedback possible directly to the FCC site instead of via Adobe pdf format.

Allow for direct feedback to the FCC site instead of via Adobe pdf format. If one is using a local public library computer (as I am right now), I cannot send the feedback via my email since the FCC complaint form only uses an Adobe form by which one must sign up and pay in order to use. This raises the question of privacy, etc. THIS format here which I am currently typing out is what should be available to the consumer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Changing the font size breaks rendering in firefox 4

Changing the font size to large creates a very odd looking broken fcc logo in current Firefox 4.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix the front page slideshow to fit neatly on the grid on the sides.

It really makes me think it didn't render right in my browser and makes it look broken. Eliminate the translucent black border around the front page slideshow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. LET NORMAL CITIZENS GAIN FUNDING FOR NEW INITIATIVES

ALLOW US CITIZENS ACCESS TO NEW FUNDS AVAILABLE THAT ARE GOING TO ONLY THE WEALTHY

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search autocomplete is completely useless / broken

The search suggestions/autocomplete is totally broken (using Firefox 4). I type in "file a complaint" and the results are a garbled mess of text which reads something to the effect of "file a complaintfile a complaintsfile a complaintshtmfile a complaint1file a complaints1" (unfortunately I can't post a screenshot).

Dev team should probably do a little bit of actual browser testing before launching a >$1M website... not entirely competent, honestly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add email to Share This Page

We should be able to email a page as a means of sharing it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the search application more thorough

I look for decisions and orders that I know exist, but they fail to be disclosed. In one case, I inserted the actual title of the docket and asked the search tool to search under "title", and though I knew there were at least three orders, the search only listed one. I don't recall that happening in the past. It worries me. Has the search functionality been modified? I'd rather have too many hits and trust how I can narrow them down than know that important ones are simply missing.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make divisions reachable from the home page, not just bureaus

The Wireline Competition Industry Analysis Division has extremely useful data, but one would never know it with the new site. There is no way to get there unless you already know it exists. Nor is there a way to search for any of its reports effectively.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base