How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

Stop verizon wireless from victimizing customers. My name is Bernadette

The first thing that the FCC can do is to follow up on individual complaints and provide the complainant with some feedback. I have been victimized by Verizon for many years and I have filed with the FCC and you have given me no feedback whatsoever. Today I broke down while speaking to a Verizon supervisor. They were demanding that I disclose my daughter's social security number so that I could access the account which is under her name. I am authorized in the account and I pay the monthly bill. They demanded that I go to a local verizon store and prove my identity. They cash my check every month and do not question that part of my identity. A supervisor from California admitted that there was fraudulent activity taking place and they refused to give me detailed information. This has been going on for years, I gave them the password we had when we first opened the account however someone other than my daughter apparently changed the password and they refused to let me into the account. I told Verizon to check how many people were using my home address to obtain services from them and they said they had to protect their customer's rights. No one other than my daughters and my immdiate family are allowed to use my address. I have received numerous verizon mailers with different names coming to my address without my permission. Once again Verizon is refusing to disclose the information or to investigate the customers using my address to obtain their services. verizon is guilty of fraud themselves and no one is doing anything about it. FCC please listen go after verizon and make them pay for my pain and suffering not to mention the overcharges. I would much rather be without a phone than to have verizon as my service provider. I do have a disability and right now I have no phone. FCC stop the victimization of innocent people go after Verizon and make them an example.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From what i read i would hope Verizon would send you into a store if you were not comfortable giving the social over the phone. Anyone can call in and try to access the account. I would bee thanking them for keeping my information safe. I understand the frustration though.

Feedback and Knowledge Base