How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

Return to the previous FCC.gov format; junk the glossy photos.

176 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new website is difficult and challenging to navigate: too many "clicks" to find a subject or item. Search results are difficult to read or do not produce results that are useful. The color scheme, dark blue, is visually unpleasant. It would have been nice if a sample group was used to test the beta version before it went live.

• AdminFCC (new media, Federal Communications Commission) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback and please continue to suggest improvements for the team to implement. We appreciate your involvement and patience during the transition process. The website will continue to integrate new updates to improve the user experience. By giving your ideas for updates, you will help improve the website, but each section of transition.FCC.gov will remain available until it is fully integrated and useful on the new FCC.gov. -FCC New Media

• Barbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you point out, "a federal agency that deals in communications and cutting edge technology should reflect that in their site." Exactly. Such anagency should design a usable interface, not a set of advertisements for its "product."
        The FCC should run a test and determine how many of its users, both internal and external, use the "previous fcc.gov" web page instead of the new version. My guess is that a majority do so, as the previous page was far more functional for regulated entities and their representatives, the core constituency of the FCC.

• Ellen CN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I politely disagree. I think a federal agency that deals in communications and cutting edge technology should reflect that in their site. I love the look and feel of the site and find it just as easy to navigate as other federal agency sites. New things take getting used to, and adjustments probably need to be made, but in general i think it is a great direction for the agency and its communication with users. Thanks for taking the time to stay current and put a great face on your web-based communication.

Feedback and Knowledge Base