How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

We all want to do license searches and they are difficult to find ... ULS is not obvious.

It is all in the title. Could not figure out what tab/category the ULS was in. Then when I tried TOOLS, there was something that looked like ULS so I clicked there and eventually found it there. It should be easier to check the status of a license - amateur radio service.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminFCC (new media, Federal Communications Commission) responded  · 

The challenge is, just like any new practitioner needs to take time to learn FCC-specific jargon (such as that “ULS” stands for “Universal Licensing System”), so too does the search algorithm need to be taught what the various abbreviations we use mean. Over the next month, we’re going to be working on making the search better aware of major systems and more responsive to common industry tasks.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We shouldn't have to spend the time to type "ULS" to run a search for ULS. Numerous practitioners, carriers (licensees) and paralegals use it many times a day. A button would be practical in light of the reality. Please consider. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't licensing one of your big responsibilities? Under Business and Licensing, there is nothing that says License Search. You have to dig for it! ULS is buried deep inside somewhere; the old search feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base