How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

A few tweaks

I think you need to rethink making these radical changes that are so disruptive to the user, and focus on modifications that truly improve things, rather than changes that actually make things more onerous. For example, it used to be that when we clicked on a link to an item such as a press release or a commissioner statement, we were taken to the item. Now when we click on links to items, we're treated to a bunch of FCC boilerplate and forced to then hit the "expand" button. Why? May not seem like a big deal, but multiply this times tens and hundreds and maybe even thousands of times on an individual basis over a long period, or by millions and millions for all your users in aggregate over some period of time (billions and billions may be overstating things for now), and you have a colossal waste of time, and annoying at that. Also, your news Headlines are now much less user-friendly. You only have a few on your opening page, much less than before, and even when we hit link to expand, we don't get that many, whereas before when we expanded, we got the whole year's worth of headlines. And then if we want to look for more, you just have further bite-size amounts and with no sense of time frame. Yes, we can go through the trouble of specifying time range, but it was SO much easier the way it was before, where we (1) had more headlines on opening page, (2) had one-click access to all that year's headlines, and (3) had another one-click link to any particular year of headlines. Rather than this increasingly granular segmented search requirement that simply is more onerous and less efficient.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)