How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

Go back to drawing board.

Scrap your overhaul. Go back to previous design and tinker, and keep things simple and easy to find. First off, huge changes are disruptive in themselves, requiring us to relearn everything. Second, just from my minimal experiences so far, your new stuff is not user-friendly. Just figuring out how to give this feedback has been laborious. I'll spare the details, too aggravating. But you need to make things ***** proof for all us idiots out here. The reason the TV and other devices catch on in the mass market is because they are user friendly. So far, from I've seen, your new site is user hostile.

271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminFCC (new media, Federal Communications Commission) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback and please continue to suggest improvements for the team to implement. We appreciate your involvement and patience during the transition process. The website will continue to integrate new updates to improve the user experience. By giving your ideas for updates, you will help improve the website, but each section of transition.FCC.gov will remain available until it is fully integrated and useful on the new FCC.gov. -FCC New Media

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. I love the new layout. Make sure you categorize things easily enough to find them. The old website got confusing as to where things were at times, and I'd struggle to find what I was looking for. Please design the site with ease of use in mind, NOT bureaucratically. I'm afraid that the people against a redesign are probably those that just don't welcome change, but personally, I believe this overhaul was long overdue.

• NEWT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not care for it at all. But the wonderfull fcc wil say we all "loved it" and we'll have to put up with it , I'm afraid...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your filter makes it look like I wrote an obscenity. For the record the word was "idiota" without the "a", as in *****-proof, which is not at all vulgar, but has a specific meaning in this context.

• AnnaH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really bad... I have to scroll down to access the Login or Search links. It looks like I am using another browser other than IE. But I am using IE.

Feedback and Knowledge Base