How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

Great look good features keep it rolling

The site looks great. I'm loving the extent you took drupal based sites too. I can't wait to see it leave beta with all it's features polished and fleshed out.

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joseph AscanioJoseph Ascanio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FCCAdminFCC (new media, Federal Communications Commission) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback and please continue to suggest improvements for the team to implement. We appreciate your involvement and patience during the transition process. The website will continue to integrate new updates to improve the user experience. By giving your ideas for updates, you will help improve the website, but each section of transition.FCC.gov will remain available until it is fully integrated and useful on the new FCC.gov. -FCC New Media

• MarshaMarsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new website is terrible. Unusable. it looks nice, but it is the worst website for those of us who actually use the website to find information, file comments, etc. I spent hours trying to file comments. The old site was not so pretty, but it was so much more user friendly. Please go back to it.

• BOB RiordanBOB Riordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the concept but you need to add twitter feed as well as twitter account & facebook account to get more people involved as well as add more cats to address specific areas of concern like telecom, business, cable, radio etc...

• FCCAdminFCC (new media, Federal Communications Commission) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks George & Joseph A.

We structured the redesign into 2 parts: the first part focused on making the website more accessible for citizens and consumers. (Glad to hear you found that successful!)

Were about to move into the second phase which will focus on updating more of the business experience on the site, and some of the underlying systems. Much more to come!

- FCC New Media

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fantastic redesign. I've only been to the FCC website once or twice in the past ten years. If your goal was to draw in more of the average citizen, then I think you've succeeded. Took a quick look at the Tools & Data section, now I know what's available for me to use, this is something I would not have done with the old design. Congrats on the change, I think you've set a very high bar for the redesign of other .gov sites.

Feedback and Knowledge Base