CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

This forum is now closed. There will be future opportunities to comment on the FCC.gov website.*

We will be rolling out updates to the new FCC.gov on a regular basis. Share your thoughts and ideas on what to add to the next release, or ways we can improve the user experience or functionality on FCC.gov.

1. wireless

Domain Name Downloads

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Finding the most current version of the FCC rules on the FCC website

The FCC rules are not posted on the FCC website or are not findable. I would like to see a link to the FCC rules placed on the main page frame of the FCC website. I would also like the rules to be searchable and to reflect the most current updates.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  3 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Search

Too Many Results

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Do we really need to pay someone to update a Facebook and Twitter account using taxpayer dollars?

The FCC does not need a Facebook account. The twitter feed should simply be the information coming straight from the public released documents. Taxpayer dollars should not go towards paying someone to post on these services.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. need to make the search function more focused, the new format is not user friendly

need to make the search function more focused with better bound parameters, the new format is not user friendly

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. RSS feed on this page is the only one to load into Outlook.

All the RSS feeds I tried that were available on the the "new" FCC website failed to load into Microsoft Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SEARCH FUNCTION ENFORCEMENT ACTION EB-05-IH-2567?

SEARCH FUNCTION ANY IDEA WHERE TO LOOK FOR ENFORCEMENT ACTION EB-05-IH-2567? Your search yielded no results.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Navigation bar should go horizontal

The vertical drop down menus occupy too much screen space, making them horizontal not only saves screen real-estate but keeps the overall new design more clean.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. mobile version of site

The website must incorporate ability to view current issues and comments across different platforms. Most americans today are on the go, and for them to be able to keep track of events and post comments from mobile devices is necessary.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New website = New Coke

The FCC's web site should be designed to further the agency's regulatory mission and allow individuals and organizations to transact business more efficiently with the agency than they could in a paper or face-to-face world. Rather than focus on pretty graphics designed to maximize PR and image and present the Commission as hip and cutting-edge, the Commission should focus on improving the functionality of its electronic databases and database interfaces, the accessibility of information, and the amount of information. That's what loyal users really want, and the agency seems to have forgotten that. I can't help but think that the…

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fast lane pages for regular users.

Reestablish a way for frequent users to see all the most frequently used links on one or two short pages (think laptop). Scrolling through "Encyclopedias" is fine for beginners but very inefficient for regular users. And don't leave any old links out. You might not think we use them but unless you track usage, don't assume that. Here is an example: under the new WTB page, what happen to the wireless databases links that let you then run a General Menu Report Search?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the search application more thorough

I look for decisions and orders that I know exist, but they fail to be disclosed. In one case, I inserted the actual title of the docket and asked the search tool to search under "title", and though I knew there were at least three orders, the search only listed one. I don't recall that happening in the past. It worries me. Has the search functionality been modified? I'd rather have too many hits and trust how I can narrow them down than know that important ones are simply missing.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make divisions reachable from the home page, not just bureaus

The Wireline Competition Industry Analysis Division has extremely useful data, but one would never know it with the new site. There is no way to get there unless you already know it exists. Nor is there a way to search for any of its reports effectively.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Where is the E-rate page?

Please make Universal Service and the E-rate page more accessible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get the "search" feature working.

I'm looking for a two year old Commission report, but the old link to the document doesn't work and the new site's "search" function yields zero helpful results. As of a couple of days ago, I was able to find it by choosing to use the previous fcc.gov and searching from there. However, now even that seems to be turned off.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The new site is much ****** to use

The concept looks nice, but the drop down menus need to tree out more because, unless you're lucky enough to be interested in a hot topic, there is insufficient information displayed on each page to easily locate one's desired path. This website was not well considered or designed. It looks like an attempt is being made to prevent people from easily finding information instead of the reverse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make a link to Auctions from the main page

Make a link to Auctions on the main page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base