CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

This forum is now closed. There will be future opportunities to comment on the FCC.gov website.*

We will be rolling out updates to the new FCC.gov on a regular basis. Share your thoughts and ideas on what to add to the next release, or ways we can improve the user experience or functionality on FCC.gov.

1. regulate the monopolies help offer choices to the rural users

In my area, there is only one cable provider and one phone provider, broadband service is tightly controlled by one provider. Suggest opening the area to more provider so consumers like myself have choices

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. email confirmation/submission page to sender

I forgot to print the submission page with the confirmation number.

There is no way of retrieving it electronically.

Sending the sender an email confirmation will solve this issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a place where consumers can post which sites are being degraded by which telecom companies.

There is no place to complain about how Century Link is downthrottlin/degrading my Netflix. I have no better alternatives either. I am stuck with slow streaming. I hear we are like ranked 15th in the world for our slow telecom services that are offered in the U.S. Japan and S. Korea are much better. I pull up many documents that talk about degrading on this site but no way to make formal complaint? Your site is conflicted as to whether it is an issue. I may not be an issue for FCC but it is with consumers. FCC needs to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Template Form for Questions

For any given topic, offer a form that guides people in how to frame their questions or suggestions. It would be helpful to give me a template for a 1-page policy memo, a couple of fields for a question, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excellent video production quality. Engaging new site for the public.

Excellent video production quality. Engaging new site for the public.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it usable by the people not lawyers and technicians.

It does not appear that your average American could make heads or tails of this website.
    As a taxpayer I want to know what this agency is doing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fire the logo designer

Fire the logo designer and make it obvious that this is the FCC site, not some obscure symbol. This is a Technical site as well as a marketing tool for the FCC

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. free everything swap

MVP free stuff

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Well you could make it so that the FRN Login actually worked.

Well you could make it so that the FRN Login actually worked.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Freedom of Media and Press

Dear United States Citizen
    Please write about Freedom of Media and Press . We are having very difficult time to get coverage for our political activities .

Last three years The People party of Connecticut has been calling Fox News CT, WFSB , CH 3, Hartford Courent newspaper , CBS, ABC, NBC CT, WTNH, Ch 8 and local Bristol Press to cover Membership Drive events or other political activities no one ever come for coverage. The people party is having membership drive at 37 Center Street Bristol Connecticut. The People Party need help for media coverage.

The People Party Platform

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add email to Share This Page

We should be able to email a page as a means of sharing it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search autocomplete is completely useless / broken

The search suggestions/autocomplete is totally broken (using Firefox 4). I type in "file a complaint" and the results are a garbled mess of text which reads something to the effect of "file a complaintfile a complaintsfile a complaintshtmfile a complaint1file a complaints1" (unfortunately I can't post a screenshot).

Dev team should probably do a little bit of actual browser testing before launching a >$1M website... not entirely competent, honestly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website Feedback & Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improving user interactions with top news displayer

On the front page, there is a top news/story displayer that constantly switches between the various stories.
    Currently, there are two problems with this:
    First, the title of the story is not link when it should be. I think you will find that most users will think that the title is a link, as is often the case, when it is not.
    Second, the clickable space for switching between the different stories is too small. I can't find the research paper on this right now, but increasing the interaction space is nearly almost always helpful. It may also be useful…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mobile Safari floating search + title disappear

In Mobile Safari, the floating search and title div don't use the fixed position of the viewport, but slide under the top edge. Then, scrolling back to the top of the page shows the wrong graphic position.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: A New FCC.gov - Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base