How can we improve Broadband.gov?

Force ISP's to guarantee Speeds and regulate how it is measured

Please stop them from continuing that awful practice of making people pay for a service that you might get or might not get. Force them to provide reliable connection speeds and regulate how it is measured or they're going to ***** the public over on that end. And please don't listen to the TimeWarner's or Comcast's when they send in the lobbyists to tell you about what they can do and what they can't do. They suck the money out of people's pockets and do not provide what they are contracted to provide hiding behind unclear statements or definitions. Please start helping us - the consumers! Also force them to offer services anywhere and don't protect the market. Right now you only can go with TimeWarner or you only can go with Comcast (or whoever else is designated to that area). Lift those regulations. Force them to spend a certain percentage of their income into hardware and force them to provide service of a certain standard and then let people choose. Very soon things would become reasonable. We would have in no time a lot of competition for the market and in no time we would finally receive good service, because if we don't... we just leave!

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PiaPia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sorta of agree to this, On one end it's hard to do because there are a lot of factors that can impact your speeds. And it would be impossible to market to every individual with the exact speeds that they can provide.

That being said, i think they should only be allowed to market the worst case scenario speeds. Or at minimum be required to guarantee a worst speed.

Really thou, does it matter? what are you going to do we NEED internet. That's the whole point of this site.They have us by the ***** ... we cant afford not to sign these contracts agreeing to stuff that is in no way in our interest and are just out there to price allow companies to provide the lowest standard of service.

I think that they should require ISPS to not have 24 month contracts. This way if their service sucks the market can force out ISPS that don't deserve to be servicing the communities.

Government should own the infrastructure and lease it out to companies.... they have let companies get to deep in that the government has no choice but to let them set the rules.
        If the Government is allowed to take land from taxpayers for public use should they not also be allowed to go in and take over these buildings from poor ISPS?

Feedback and Knowledge Base