How can we improve Broadband.gov?

I received a message on the speed test saying that the license had expired. It would be great if it worked.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The webpage indicated to report the expiration to the webmaster.
        The expiration date showed that it was not expired.

Yet another defuncted Government service,kind of like the Fair internet access recovery act.I went thru a bunch of nonsence to run the broadband test for my internet connection speed to test the speed of the new NON RECOVERY ACT Satellite service because the on that was under the recovery act(Wild Blue) which was never even CLOSE to the speed that they said it would be,which in my mind is not FAIR AT ALL,and it said the test was complete but like most gov. service would not tell me what the speed was.When I tried to do it again so I could see if I was getting screwed by the NEW COMPANY(Hughes Satellite internet) it said my license was expired and would not let me run the test again. Like I was taking ADVANTAGE of the FCC or something! JEEEZ What I want to know is,are you people actually going to allow me to know if I am getting the speed I am paying for and in my mind I am entitled to by the FAIR INTERNET ACCESS RECOVERY ACT OR NOT???

The date of the license is in the corner and it appears to have a valid date, but the site is saying it's expired and contact the webmaster. It would be nice if this was up and running properly. I suppose some idiot will say this is just another conspiracy...lol.

• oldtimeroldtimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same experience - license expired. Sounds just like the other signs of incompetency abundant in the US government nowadays. We've gone over the cliff, I fear -- the real one where the pit is bottomless. Well, it was good while it lasted.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "expired license" message seems to be intermittent. Sometimes I get that message the first time I click test, usually I always get it the second time I try to run the test. How do we tell anyone who can fix it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base