How can we improve FCC.gov?

robocalling: how about a 911 your can hit to trace and alert the FCC in the middle of a robocall. Daniel Sheffield, Three Rivers, CA

robocalling: how about a 911 your can hit to trace and alert the FCC in the middle of a robocall. Daniel Sheffield, Three Rivers, CA

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel S. SheffieldDaniel S. Sheffield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There must be a way to beat the "spoof " numbers used by the credit card scammers. Work with Verizon and other companies to locate the origin of the call centers. Or, set up a sting using a real credit card holder. I volunteer. Dateline NBC could find these crooks in two days.

• Joseph SousaJoseph Sousa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the concept. I would suggest a "*###" code that you could use immediately after an offending robo call. The code would have to trigger an action in the phone system to send caller source data to FCC. The FCC could collect the caller data and add it to a database for some simple analysis, e.g., Paredo. Then start actions against the highest offenders. I can suggest some actions, if you would like.

Feedback and Knowledge Base