How can the FCC better engage the public on rulemakings?

Reduce cable bills

Allow people to opt out of expensive stations like ESPN in order to reduce their cable bill.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DLMDLM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is by far my biggest complaint about cable companies. I switched from DirecTv to Verizon Fios because the monthly rate was beyond unreasonable. I retained the same package that I started with at $19.99/month, but now I was paying almost $74/month--which did not include any premium channels. Yes, along the way DirecTv did add channels here and there but none that I watch on a regular basis. Consumers don't want 300+ channels. WE WANT THE ABILITY TO MANAGE OUR OWN MONTHLY PAYMENT BY SELECTING THE CHANNELS WE WANT TO WATCH! I can get along perfectly well with no more than 30 non-premium channels. However, the FCC refuses to mandate allowing consumers to select their own cable package of channels. I am well aware that this would translate to a loss of profit for cable companies but what about a government (agency) by the people, for the people? Consumer lack of choice is illustrative of taxation without representation!

Feedback and Knowledge Base