How can the FCC better engage the public on rulemakings?

How about if the FCC gets out of the censorship business

How about if the FCC goes back to what it's supposed to do, regulating the bandwidth and technical aspects of broadcasters, and get out of the business of telling the public what they may and may not view, listen to or buy in their own homes. Example: FCC & USA vs. CBS. The FCC is still beating the dead horse of Janet Jackson's Super Bowl ****** show. Is this really in the best interest of the taxpayers? Does the FCC think that anybody still cares eight years on? To include "& USA" in the title of that filing with the Supreme Court is very presumptuous. We, the citizens of the USA, would really rather you spend our money on something a little more relevant. Take your pick, there are lots of ideas posted here.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob MBob M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is not about what the FCC allows or does not allow to happen at your address? Do you own the airwaves? The scope of the FCC is to regulate what is allowed to traverse the PUBLIC AIRWAVES.

• Carolyn ACarolyn A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the FCC here for a reason which includes monitoring what is said in the public media that comes into our homes. I'm appalled at the depth of all this counsel and court rulings using our tax dollars about all these iffy circumstances and wording such as; vagueness", "undefined", "indescernable", "inconsistant", ""hypothetical circumstances", "occasional expletive", "restrained", "not clearly defined", "bona fide", "appears to pander", or "tittalate", "shock value", "intensifier", "not literal, "context judged". Why the justification on words? What is so difficult and hard to understand or conceive that any adult and the FCC know what an expletive is? Truly it's plain and simple. Does it occur that there are many cable channels which can be subscribed to (now that is another issue in and of itself) that have their own disgression or lack of, for cripple conservasionalists, or vulgar, offensive, explicit and graphic nature loving contemporary community people? Radio is totally off limits because any child has access. We now have Sirius air waves, again for whatever use. But let's keep the main broadcasting channels; ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox public. Some of us adults don't want to have this language in our face also at any time whether live or not, or "news show". Then you wonder why we as a society have lost our values, morals and good character and have become a less than mediocre people. Have I used expletives? Yes. Have I been crude and vulgar? Yes. But not in public. Why can't it be not who is right but what is right? Hhhheeeeelllllooooo. Along with the internet it is already an uphill losing battle. I weep for this next generation who is bombarded with all the filth and sleaze from all sides!!! Thank you for all of the times that you have upheld the constitution and fined those who so deservingly had to pay, whether it was eight years ago, (super bowl) or the bare buttocks and "Bonos" (*****). Now that should be an expletive. Which reminds me, I'm so sick that children have to listen about "if you have an erection lasting more than eight hours, please seek medical attention". I'm just glad that my children are grown and don't ask me what is an erection. Yes there is a time and place for those talks. Is it a major health crisis that the majority of citizens don't know how to talk with a doctor? We get it over and over. I just hope my grandchildren don't come upon those many commercials at my home and ask me what an erection is. Now isn't that part of a ****** activity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base