How can the FCC better engage the public on rulemakings?

Make it mandatory that the info be provided and included on phone/cable/internet bills

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
     Monopolies Monopolies shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • R. JoryR. Jory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The FCC should be allowed to provide a mailer insert that will be included with the customer's bill, printed on a separate piece of paper. the insert cost should be borne by the telecom provider as a public service (for having access to ...) at a period of once a year.

The FCC should put on this mailer: how to report a spam (email, text message, telemarketing call) to the FCC, include the website for complaint form, etc.

How to test and report their internet connection speeds (i.e. link to third-party tests sites like speedtest.net)

I think the FCC should get direct access to consumers and teh only way is via the billing system.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with PSA's that are will catch the attention of the ones who need to hear the message and at appropriate times. Also, ads on the side of facebook, iPad apps, blogs, twitter, etc along with bank statements - emails - on google. Force the idea that this is to help support the people.

•  Monopolies Monopolies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

etc...on how the public can participate in the rulemaking or do a public service announcement (like the emergency alert system!) on television and/or radio. Just please don't do it at 3AM when most everyone is sleeping.

Feedback and Knowledge Base