How can the FCC better engage the public on rulemakings?

Ban SMS Spam

IT is ridiculous that the FCC rules include an exemption that allows telemarketers to deliver unwanted text messages advertising their products or services. Just as bad, the FCC has failed to prohibit unscrupulous carriers, such as Verizon Wireless, from conveying and delivering the text message spam AND then fraudulently billing the called number for the unwanted spam! I would be tickled pink to see the FCC step up to the plate and represent consumers rather than shield Verizon Wireless and other unscrupulous carriers from regulation.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LarryBostonLarryBoston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i had a text message from a marketer whom sent it all hours of the day and night.. i kept trashing it but when they started at 3am and every hour on the hour..i finally opened it.. well.. it stole all my contact info.. and started sending my contact the same text.. i had to change my phone number and clear all memory on my phone... i guess there is always away around the law...

Feedback and Knowledge Base