How can the FCC better engage the public on rulemakings?

ATT BAte and switch their promotional offers. Then switch the customer from one department to the other

ATT- UVERSE has promotions of $89.00 for a year and further represent additional bonuses such as HBO and CINMAX plus a $500 credit card only to charge the customer double or more upon billing. When one inquires about the discrepency, the customer is told that they agreed to the higher amount and that they cannot do anythin about the billing. This is reprehensible and downright "Bate and Switch." I spent up to 4 hrs. on the phone trying to get my account out of collections, although I had paid the agreed upon amount and was not allowed to speak to any department until the "deliquent" amount as they determined, although in error, was paid. Something needs to be done about this kind of monkey business. In general conversation in a medical office last week, everyone was upset by the mention of ATT_UVERSE tactics and treatment of the customer.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nancy FentonNancy Fenton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought it was just my imagination,I'm still trying to figure out why I don't have my home phone,slammed.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh so true-something needs to be done about the FCC and shadowy agency it has become! My caregiver signed onto ATT UVERSE and left me with a 500+ bill that was set up in my name at my address when I ordered internet only-he ordered tv-took my money for internet-paid it with his cable tv and has now left for another job and left me with a 500+ bill, a record of his payments on credit card- and a whopping bill=I am screwed and at&t says- oh well, too bad-so sad-pay up!! don't eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No FCC Believe we have no protection in America anymore fire all at FCC waste of money agency. Changed acct pass with att but my typical for my brain disability-he can go back to att and ***** me again and att will let him do it on the phone as usual!! they did last time and I cannot do anything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATT sucks the disabled people of this country dry and makes us starve!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base