How can we expand FCC resources for developers?

Off loading Cellular data to WiFi is becoming more common. Develop wifi standard for users to profit and open wifi more for off loading.

Most facilities, users, home owners, business have WiFi, but generally they are secured for non-public use. If WIFi APP can be developed, for a user to profit from data usage (other than themselves), the vast majority of folks would OPEN their WiFi for cellular off loading, and profiting (all be it small) from OPEN wifi standard. It would still provide security for users, but open for public who would pay for data usage. In the future, we could extend this to 900MHz band, and OPEN wireless across the across the nation - broadband for all!

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ken CarriganKen Carrigan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this issue needs to be addressed asap,it seems the fcc focus has not caught up to the 21 centry technology if we dont advance our thinking,in sync with the way technology works it could turn out to be very uninteded consequences,

• Anita BrokawAnita Brokaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The standard should be set for all communications wi fi cable or isp,if the wi fi spectrum is unlicensed it should not be included in their advertisiment of services and ask for payment to be included in data plans

With the big major company making changes,isp constantly manipulating the networks,interfering,with the end users connections,and ability to access and recive vital information through the internet. Some attention needs to be payed to the fact that end users will not have to be dependent upon neither cable or isps for a connection,its all about the devices that one chooses to use that will determine hpw the will connect. They are already able tp communicate with each other in order to function properly.so if the cable,isp industy continue to male chooses

The fact that they are already trying to hog up the unlicensed spectrum that is meant for the use of which ever device one chooses to connect,without interference,or limit,

This is just how it should be its sound and reasonable, countinuing to favor big biz then thats not a level playing field and is causing hardship and harm customers as well as consumer.

It would not be fair to say people are hogging up cell towers why those payments roll in do ypu really think they are thinking about cell towers. I think not. Thats why they went with competion and innovation but instead of more cell tower they choose digital which put cell tower at the lower frequin e

Just curious why Im just reading this post from 2012 in 2014,guess I havent been paying attention

This is the the way its intended all thing have a pe ak and the a decline so its not as if anything has really changed. Just different why of doing it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

He means get customers off the cell towers hogging up the data and let residential or busi ess owners make a public wifi hotspot to offload data use to somewhere else. And he's saying give these people an incentive to do so. I welcome the idea as long as its not the current 802.11 that we use for wifi. I want to see public microcells everywhere! Which have perfect handoffs between cells.

• pldpld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do u mean not have to purchase the internet? Is that what u mean by offloading and open wireless?

Feedback and Knowledge Base