How can we expand FCC resources for developers?

Off loading Cellular data to WiFi is becoming more common. Develop wifi standard for users to profit and open wifi more for off loading.

Most facilities, users, home owners, business have WiFi, but generally they are secured for non-public use. If WIFi APP can be developed, for a user to profit from data usage (other than themselves), the vast majority of folks would OPEN their WiFi for cellular off loading, and profiting (all be it small) from OPEN wifi standard. It would still provide security for users, but open for public who would pay for data usage. In the future, we could extend this to 900MHz band, and OPEN wireless across the across the nation - broadband for all!

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ken CarriganKen Carrigan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

He means get customers off the cell towers hogging up the data and let residential or busi ess owners make a public wifi hotspot to offload data use to somewhere else. And he's saying give these people an incentive to do so. I welcome the idea as long as its not the current 802.11 that we use for wifi. I want to see public microcells everywhere! Which have perfect handoffs between cells.

• pldpld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do u mean not have to purchase the internet? Is that what u mean by offloading and open wireless?

Feedback and Knowledge Base