How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

Keep the internet neutral and accessible for all

The FCC listens to the people of the world and keeps the internet open regardless of income, or use.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nancy PivarunasNancy Pivarunas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the FCC and all elected federal officials,

After formal public disclosures which have confirmed that money controls our elections and elected officials, many Americans are in shock, angry. This anger has inspired action.

That a proposal to further favor the rich and powerful by allowing them to pay for faster and more comprehensive Internet access is disturbing. It appears as another sign that the federal government does not respect democratic ideals and, therefore, the American people.

If this is incorrect, if you honor a government by and for the people, how can you even consider limiting the right of all Americans to equal access to communication via the Internet.

I and many others cannot accept these signs of disregard for our rights and disrespect for the foundations of the United States Constitution and its Bill of Rights.

Furtherore, I and many others have committed ourselves to accomplishing the requirements for a state-initiated Consitutional Convention to bypass what we sadly see as a corrupt federal government and, with a 28th amendment to the U.S. Constitution, we will succeed in getting money out of politics, out of elections, out of government, not matter how long it takes.

Please do not contribute to the further erosion of our democracy, no matter the pressure that you are under to become pawns of the rich.

“Without Freedom of thought, there can be no such Thing as Wisdom; and no such thing as public Liberty, without Freedom of speech” – Benjamin Franklin

“In those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scarce call anything his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech” – Benjamin Franklin

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” Thomas Jefferson

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter” – George Washington

I hope you, too, will search and reflect upon the values which constitute the foundation on which our Constitution was painstakingly built before you decide to turn your back on them.

--
        Nancy Pivarunas
        Educator, Mother, Supporter of Democracy
        United States of America
        ___

Feedback and Knowledge Base