How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

Net neutrality!!!!

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Richard MontagueRichard Montague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The free internet is the last significant element of democracy in the United States, and the only source of true information available to the Americn people. All other media sources produce blatantly biased propaganda promoting total governmental control by wealthy corporations and super-wealthy people. If the FCC puts the information content of the internet under the control of the same wealthy interests as the rest of the media, then those in command of the FCC will have proven that they are traitorous enemies of democracy, and should probably therefore be sentenced by a jury to life imprisonment or death. That is not a threat. It is intended as a probable legal judgment.

• Judith KaiserJudith Kaiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Six people own the media in our country. The news is manipulated to give people only a certain type of information. i.e.: Clear Channel owns every radio station that broadcasts in the mid-west. Broadcasters who want to get out from under this domination pay companies on the East Coast to have the right to "free speech". Clear Channel fires anyone who says something they don't like. It is frightening how much control "the wealthy" have over what the populace hears. Now the internet is being taken over in the same way so the wealthy have control over the information that is available. The poor only getting a very filtered version of facts and the wealthy getting fast track information which is completely different. I think the FCC needs to do a better job protecting the truth and make sure all the people get the facts. You can start with Fox News!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I most agree with Mark, you are trying to turn the internet into what Chile did,The internet has to be turn into a public utility, it shouldn't be turn into another monopoly. I also feel that it is unjust to let a cable lobbyist (Tom Wheeler) be the head of the FCC, it is conflict of interest since his interest are with cable company and not the American people. Bring back Net Neutrality!

• Mark LeppkeMark Leppke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, recent news on the new rules is more than disheartening. As a consumer I feel I'm being railroaded into no choice and a public infrastructure system with no oversight to keep us from having a say in our options.

Feedback and Knowledge Base