How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

Full steam ahead with your proposal for free public wifi nationwide!

This is the most exciting idea the FCC has proposed in years, if not decades. A free, nationwide wifi network would be an incredible boon to our infrastructure and economy. It would help democratize the internet and diminish the digital divide. Please don't let Big Telecom's well-paid lobbyists dissuade you. Use the authority you have to move ahead with this revolutionary idea.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joel PickfordJoel Pickford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robin HammRobin Hamm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as they do not remove one's rights in lieu of payment. Who is running it and what is the spying/data collection protocol... who would own what information...and how can we ensure we arent selling our souls...anymore than they already are...lol

• D.WilliamD.William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this part of the NTIA FirstNET? My reaction to the sprectrum auction, having witnessed officials touting the "paid for" by auction fees so it was cost neutral, to the tune of 7 billion dollars is not funny. How dare the FCC do a taking to do a build out (FirstNET) that is well beyond the scope of the 9/11 commission. I understand the potential cost savings, but a nationwide high speed broadband network for the government, using taxpayer's money and the citizens' spectrum is callous and arrogant. With the economy the way it is the need to do a rollout for small business (our company pays over 100 dollars a month for extremely limited service. We are doing our best to be cost competitve but the only winners here are the telcos and service providers. Not long ago I was trying to convince people that they could reinvigorate their small business (in rural and outlying cities) using broadband services. The structure as it currently stands benefit those whom already have their hands on the economic wheel and we are being squezzed out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base