How can FCC data be more useful to the public?

The FCC should remember that the 'Airwaves' belong to the people and they are caretakers of public property and not partners of big business

To many times corporate needs are placed above whats good for the American Public.

239 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian HamptonBrian Hampton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robin HammRobin Hamm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This country and citizens brag nonstop of being a 'free country'. IF that is a fact (debatable) or better yet a true desire...why then was even the Olympic Opening ceremony in LONDON censored? The 2 things removed from US broadcast was the tribute to the 7/7 victims of terrorism and the tribute to their National Health Service (NHS). MUST we be the only victims of terrorism? Is it really so scary for Americans to know that Britain is not only proud of their medical services, they are also proud of being humanitarian.

Does NOT smack of 'freedom' to me when both net and tv censorship here is not much better than China or Russia. Another lack of freedoms is permitting so-called news (supposed to be factual) provides more coverage of Hollywood affairs and petty criminals than providing an unbiased reporting of facts...and BIG fines for lies, innuendo and slander! We pay taxes for you to represent us...the public citizens...not the corporate money whores...who would sell their own grandma for a stained buck.

• LeoLeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep the internet neutral! Don't allow ISPs to sell priority speeds to certain websites. The end users deserve equal access to all websites!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The United States advertises itself to the world as a "beacon of Free Speech and Press" but we don't live up to the advertisement. If you do ONE SINGLE THING TO THE INTERNET you willl FURTHER THE WORLD'S IMPRESSION THAT THE U.S.CARES FOR NOTHING BUT PROFIT.

• Indy Indy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Internet belongs to the citizens for everyone's use not just those that can pay more for their own private uses

• PJPJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support RFDTV on FCC 14-57 and advocate for this independent rural channel to be added to ALL big business lineups Time Warner, Comcast...Thank you for the time.

• NoneOfUrBusinessNoneOfUrBusiness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One day you won't belong to the elite club you think you're in now anymore because you're an stupid excuse for a human being and then you'll have to live with the regulations you helped to bring in in the first place.

You are not pawns, yet you like to behave as one. There is nothing more pitiful under the sun than someone throwing away their integrity for a bit of money, power or the illusion thereof.

• NoneOfUrBusinessNoneOfUrBusiness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All you corrupt idiots in your fancy goverment institution should begin to use your brains instead of just grabbing the money someone is dangeling around in front of your stupid faces.

• DianeDiane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have all been bribed. Don't be naive. They won't stop until we make them. The only thing I am wondering about now is when we start protesting (and it won't be long now) will they give us what we want or will they shoot us?

• Dennis AndrewsDennis Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ISPs should not have the ability to prioritize content from deep-pocketed companies — and as a result, degrade data from those who don’t or can’t pay.

• UntaxmeUntaxme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE THE PEOPLE ..... are not being listened too. WE THE PEOPLE .... have no say .... TOM WHEELER & FCC & CORPORATE Ind. have already payoff the government and the elected RICH PEOPLE .... THEY THE PEOPLE are taking us for fools. TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION is the state of mind we are living in now. I cannot afford food, rent, healthcare. I am a veteran - civilian - consumer - voter - ***** to sociability - AND I have no say. WE THE PEOPLE MUST NOT STOP THIS WRONG - IT HAS GOTTEN WORSE. happy veteran days rich people ....

• Lisa Pearl BlackLisa Pearl Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last I looked "The People" pay Universal Connectivity charges,regulatory fees,and taxes,surcharges and fees for your local and state in regards to the internet,phone and televisions. Hello???

• pjpj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my additional comments are that what is the most appalling of this new rewrite of the fcc rules is that this commissioner was appointed under Barack Obama not the batch of republican presidents that is the most ironic fact of this sordid mess tome wheeler is the true trojan horse

• pjpj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

again with the recent rewrite of the fcc rules the commisoner has decided to become a lacky for big business and not even venture an attempt to appeal the court decision the internet does not belong to verizon or comcast because they have the most money or the most technology while other less democartic countries are expanding access we are limiting it what gives lets get this guy out of office now

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or better yet how one cannot watch a certain channel due to fcc regulations . the airwaves dont belong to them

Feedback and Knowledge Base