How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

Follow up on Customer Complaints

You should be able to Follow up or add more information on existing complaints. Also similiar to the search here, one should be able to look for existing or similiar complaints to add their information to. Less work for the in terms of consolidating while revealing who the major trouble makers are!

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kyle AKyle A shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just filed my 6th FCC complaint on a telemarketer. This time the on line complaint form was dead so I faxed it to the FCC. Maybe someone will read it, maybe not. Maybe someone will do something to stop this outfit from calling me. Maybe not. Maybe someone works there, maybe not.
        It turns out I can not send this message without a "valid" email address, meaning that I can not substitute AT for @ and DOT for . to avoid having my actual address scavenged by some spammer.

• Chip CooperChip Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am proactive when it comes to making complaints about companies with problems that deserve FCC attention. I collect 'evidence' to support my claims, I record all transactions, and I monitor the companies response to my submission of problems. Then I file a report to the FCC and it goes into limbo.

I realize that not all consumers are like this, and many do not even have a clue as to what you do. However, it is excruciating to research an issue only to feel as if I'm speaking to a wall. It pleases me greatly that you are taking an interest in addressing our issues; it's a darn site more than we get from those about whom we complain. We need individual accounts as listed above, so we have access to those complaints we make. We need to be able to upload supporting evidence of the issues and proof we retain. We need to help you to link our issues with other similar issues, so that you can get an 'accurate' picture of the size, extent, and pervasiveness of the enormity occurring repeatedly without shame or fear of reprisal. Imagine a sea of intelligent volunteers. Perhaps a good example of a model which could be modified (after our ability to track, search, and submit) is the one found at https://www.zooniverse.org/ who are developing websites to engage the public in scientific issues too deep for current AI.

• Deborah ElliottDeborah Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know of several websites that have the same problem I do. People are on DO NOT CALL listings and still get a number from 1-720-505-4036 calling, not answering, saying goodbye and hanging up. Filing complaints have not resolved this issue, and star 67 also does not deter this from happening again. What will it take for this FCC to fix this? easy--make it so all numbers can be traceable to their source so a lawsuit can take place. In this way, people on the do not call listing can sue even the phone company when a call is not traceable. If any type of emergency were to exist, this will definitely help law officers, emergency response and all others as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base