How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

need to make the search function more focused, the new format is not user friendly

need to make the search function more focused with better bound parameters, the new format is not user friendly

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Surinder JunejaSurinder Juneja shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted a comment elsewhere, perhaps here would have been better. Search just isn't working. A search on "Universal Service Fund," USF, or FUSF, finds no results. "Page not found." A link from Wikipedia to your "Universal Service Fund Management and Support," in an attempt to find out what the current rates are, dumped me into an "FCC Encyclopedia." Attempting to search for the terms on that page also brought up the "Page not found" response. Attempting to find it by going through the U section alphabetically brought up lots of stuff that was somewhat related, though I could not find the current information. Shortening my search terms to "universal service" since, oddly, you don't seem to use the industry-recognized term "fund" with regard to universal service, brought up some results, in somewhat random ("relevance") order. Attempting to simply sort by date and show 50 per page again produced the "Page not found" response.

This is a disaster of a site, which looks to have been developed by the same folks who did the "Affordable Care Act" website. And it probably was! Ugh. I hope you can fix it to some extent. Not optimistic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base