How can we improve the new FCC.gov?

The top of the entry page to the website is too dark and heavy looking.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alan StillwellAlan Stillwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AlwaysAlbinoAlwaysAlbino shared a merged idea: What happened to patriotism? The black is rather austere. We can’t afford this upgrade.  ·   · 
    Jesse R EwingJesse R Ewing shared a merged idea: Well, if you're going for creepy, you've done your job well.  ·   · 

Thanks Alan. We heard similar suggestions during some of our user testing sessions last week. We’re looking at some new color treatments to brighten that section.

Another question: what did you think of the “follow bar” that scrolls with you at the top of the page? Was that also difficult to notice because it was too dark?

-FCC New Media

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • utsaviutsavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the header is too large to handle as of the current content is displayed. Can be a little sleek on height.
        Also the banner can be 10 % smaller, as the banner takes it all the space above the fold. The visitors would more be interested to read the content?
        Another point I can think of is too much blue? Background is really cool! can use red color bullets instead of blue and link colors to be red on hover?
        This can make it interesting to surf through the pages and can attract the eyes more!
        May be it needs some more UI
        That;s it for now!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the problem isn't the font size, rather the font itself. The H1 elements use "Trade Gothic" which doesn't seem to anti-alias properly. Looks amateurish.

Feedback and Knowledge Base